Welcome to the IDEAS Group Website
IDEAS is the International Defence Enterprise Architecture Specification for exchange. The purpose of the project is to develop a data exchange format for military Enterprise Architectures. The purpose is to allow seamless sharing of architectures between the partner nations regardless of which modelling tool or repository they use. The initial scope for exchange is the architectural data required to support coalition operations planning:
- Systems (communications systems, networks, software applications, etc.)
- Communications links between systems.
- Information specifications – the types of information (and their security classifications) that the comms architecture will handle.
- Platforms & facilities.
- System & operational functions (activities).
- People & organizations.
- Architecture meta-data – who owns it, who was the architect, name, version, description, etc.
NEW: The MODAF Ontological Data Exchange Mechanism (MODEM) has been uploaded to the IDEAS site. MODEM is the successor to the MODAF Meta-Model (M3) and is built on the IDEAS Foundation.